Hiring the right attorney is often critical to the outcome of your case. Schlegel Law Group invites you to speak with us either at our Orlando office, by phone or Zoom for a 30-minute complimentary consultation. Contact our Orlando child support lawyers now!Schedule Consultation
Did you know that 55% of Americans die without a will? Dying or becoming incapacitated without an estate plan can leave behind a difficult legal and financial mess for your loved ones to clean up. The family attorneys at Schlegel Law have extensive knowledge in matters of estate planning in Orlando and are here to serve you.
What Is Involved in Estate Planning?
The estate planning process can be complex and involve huge amounts of legal paperwork.
Components of an Estate Plan in Which We Can Assist, Include:
- Trust – By placing your Orlando property in a living trust, you’ll greatly simplify matters for your heirs. Your estate won’t have to go through probate court, which can a time-consuming and costly process.
- Health Care Power of Attorney – This document grants another person decision-making authority over your health care should an emergency occur and you’re unable to make medical decisions for yourself.
- Will – A will is an essential, simple document that everyone should have. This document states who will inherit your property. If you have minor children, it will name a guardian to care for them should something happen to both parents.
- Living Will – Usually created along with a health care power of attorney document, this form states how you wish to be treated should you become unable to communicate. It includes important decisions like whether your organs can be donated and whether to leave you on life-support indefinitely.
- Financial Power of Attorney – The individual named in this document is someone you trust who can handle your finances and property should you become incapacitated.
- Business Succession Plan – If you’re the sole owner of a business, you should have a succession plan. If you own a business with others, you should have a buyout agreement.
These are some of the elements of a comprehensive estate plan. Depending on your individual circumstances, you may want to add further components. It's best to consult with a professional estate planning lawyer in Orlando, FL.
Call Schlegel Law Group at (800) 706-2904 today to get started with your estate planning in Orlando, FL.
Straightforward and Realistic Assessments
Will Fight Tirelessly on Your Behalf
One-on-one, Highly Personalized Attention
Over 20 Years of Experience
Highly Qualified Orlando Estate Planning Lawyers
If you’re like most people, you’re probably reluctant to plan for your own death. It’s an uncomfortable topic for everyone. But when you consider that creating an estate plan now could save your family a lot of time, stress and money in the future, you’ll appreciate its value.
Life is unpredictable; you’re never too young or too old to begin the estate planning process. Schlegel Law Group specializes in developing custom estate plans that meet the individual needs and requirements of every client. We make the process as quick and easy as possible. Contact our Orlando estate planning attorneys today to schedule a legal consultation and determine how to proceed.